Sunday, March 17, 2019

Color Grading Research

   I know that it is a little late in the project to be doing research, but I realized that I really don't know much about color grading. So, I did some research on color grading, especially within Adobe Premiere Pro CC. I learned how to do basic correction, including adjusting exposure, contrast, highlights and shadows. Then I learned about creative color correction, and how to get that "Hollywood" look. I then learned about RGB curves and how to adjust them to get different feelings out of the audience. Then I learned about HSL secondary correction, which allows me to edit a specific part of a frame, rather than the whole frame. Then I practiced these correction methods on some old footage I had, just to get a feel for how it works. I can use my research to help add a more dramatic feel to my shots, helping develop my plot and make a better opening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Project

  The final project can be viewed by clicking on the hyperlink below.    DROPS  (Youtube)    DROPS  (Google Drive)